Saturday, April 9, 2011

4-9-2011



This is going to be a lot of pictures, so get ready. Nicole and I both decided to collect outdoor necessities and go take pictures of the first nice day since...ever. We've been really into going to the same breakfast place on the Saturdays, because really, who wants to wake up and cook in a kitchen when you can go do outside stuff and shoot cross processed film instead. Cross processed film does however make breakfast look a bit like Dr. Seuss, and even something as wonderful as bacon looks kind of gross. Nicole uses normal colored film so I can't blame cross processing for looking kind of gross. Actually, today there will be a lot of pictures of gross stuff even if it's normal colors. Sorry.

Last year I posted about how we look for fancy morel mushrooms in the woods. The season is starting up again, so today in addition to walking and taking pictures, we're trespassing in the woods to hunt for mushrooms with friends. At least we aren't fishing too right? Trespassing isn't even that bad really. At least we aren't doing drugs. We're just looking for fungus but not that kind or this kind, or this, or that. Definitely not this one. This isn't even a mushroom. Actually, between Nicole and I, I think we found every kind of fungus except for the kind we wanted. Here are some of the ones that she found. She also found purple flowers, yellow flowers, and a cat (but not Mushroom). Other finds include a snake that Nicole caught, a snail, a tree that eat signs, a tree that hunts, a pair of sun glasses, a dinosaur, and another snake that wanted to bite me. These are all different reflections. Here are some birds, and this little speck next to the nest above the beaver dam is actually a bald eagle. Here's a hawk out of order since the eagle was so far away. These are all yellow ribbons.

After a break to take our boots off, we went to see Nicole's parents to play basketball and look for more more mushrooms. After a day of searching, I almost peed when I thought we found one, but no. This is a false morel and they are poisonous even though they kind of look like what we want. We hiked so much all day that I kind of wanted to sit down somewhere. This is Nicole taking a picture of me the happiest I've been in a long winter. I think she was pretty happy about the nice weather too. I originally forgot to add this sign to nowhere so I'm adding it now.

When we finally gave up on morels, Nicole reminded me that it was the weekend, which means Cheeseburger Tour. We went to The Erie Station Grill because even bears like it here. This is the second time today that the wrong film made good food looks gross but the cheeseburger was good and it even had mushrooms on it. Nicole's parents have so many morels that they even have mushroom statues. They were nice enough to give us a jar of dried morels from last year since we didn't find any today.

Then we went to my friend Rachel's birthday party which just so happened to be on dubstep night. I learned that punx not dead it just listens to dubstep now and hangs out with weird girls that accessorize with glowsticks. Aweee...birthday friend pictures. Then I slept like I was dead because I was. I can't believe how many places and how much stuff we did in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment