Monday, November 7, 2011

11-7-2011



So this is a really cool story. The other day, a coworker and I were talking about old cameras and film and stuff since I'm a nerd and those are the kinds of things that I like talking about. Well, he told me about someone he knew in the 80's who bought a house, and found a box full of medium format and 35mm film. The film was exposed but undevolped and dated as far back as the 50's. Out of curiosity, my coworker had some of the black and white rolls developed. The pictures ended up being super awesome, cheesecakey pinups and nudes from what looks like the late 50's to early 70's. On top of being cool just because they're old, they're really well shot photos. I'm assuming they came out of the kind of vintage Hasselblad or Rolleiflexes I'm always hunting for judging by the image clarity. I don't think I'm allowed to post the scans on this blog 'cause there are boobies, but they're seriously by far the most awesome thing I've seen that someone found in the basement of an old house. It's kind of crazy to think of the grandmas out there that would totally trip out if they were reintroduced to these photos from their glory days.

I'm changing my mind and posting one of the scans here because it's super artsy and cool, plus you can't really see any "objectionable" bits. I'm totally obsessed with these pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment