Monday, July 19, 2010

7-12-2010



I was awaken from a deep sleep super early in the morning to people telling me that our friend had returned to a different part of the yard. There really is nothing like a paniced adrenaline surge first thing in the morning. It's far better than coffee. On the way back in, I saw the partridge family having breakfast (more on these later).

Then we went to the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. It's kind of like a zoo but wild things come in too. That lizard was doing pushups. This turns into tequila. Heres's an otter swimming upside down and blowing bubbles, a caterpillar I found roaming around by the water fountain, a humming bird, a prairie dog, a bear, and a mountain lion making fun of tourists. This guy gave an infomative lecture on rattlesnakes and told us one bite can cost as much as $100,000 in medical bills. He was very impressed by the pictures/video of the snake in our yard (which is only about six inches shorter than the largest one on record for that area).

Speaking of snakes, here's another one we found cutting through the one patch of grass in the yard. I introduced it to the one tattooed on my arm. This one doesn't get anywhere near my arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment